WAFP resident and medical student members: Registration is now open for the 2024 Student & Resident Retreat, sponsored by the WAFP Foundation. The retreat will be held Feb. 10-11 in Leavenworth. We hope you will join us for a weekend of learning and connection!
When registering, you will have the opportunity to stay in your own room or share a room. If you’re sharing a room with another attendee, you will need to include their name in the registration form. Registrants are responsible for making their own arrangements regarding roommates.
This year’s educational sessions include:
- Gender-affirming care
- Addressing suicide with compassion and contextualism
- Storytelling & medicine: amplifying narratives for good
- Rural health needs and applying to rural health residencies
- Papaya workshop: uterine aspiration
- Working with indigenous communities in partnership
- Health justice and belonging
- Dermoscopy: Improving access to skin cancer detection
- Finding your fit and contact negotiation
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Introduction to weight-inclusive care
- Introduction to obstetrics ultrasound
- Joint injections
The keynote speaker is Dr. Raj Sundar, whose presentation is titled “Healthcare for Humans.”
We look forward to seeing you in Leavenworth!