WAFP held its 65th annual House of Delegates (HOD) on Saturday, giving membership a chance to weigh in on policy resolutions and elect leadership for the coming year.
Nine resolutions were adopted on a range of topics, from WAFP’s nominating process to building electrification to gender-affirming care. You can see the resolutions, as adopted by the House of Delegates, on our HOD portal. (You must be logged in to access those pages.)
Two resolutions of condolence, for Fredrick Reebs, MD, of Bellevue, and Paul Schmitt, MD, of Roslyn, were also adopted.
In addition, new leadership was elected and installed:
- President: Mark Johnson, MD
- President-Elect: Ann Diamond, MD
- Vice President: Carla Ainsworth, MD, MPH
- Speaker: Jonathan Wells, MD, FAAFP
- Vice Speaker: Blain Crandell, MD
- Assistant Secretary-Treasurer: David Escobar, DO, MPH, FAAFP
- Eastside Trustee: Jie Casey, DO
- Westside Trustee: Adriana Linares, MD, DrPH, MPH, FAAFP
- New Physician Trustee: Diana Huang, MD, MA
- Resident Trustee: Colbey Ricklefs, MD, MPH
- Alternate Resident Trustee: Nicolle Siegart, MD
- Medical Student Co-Trustee: Brooke Byun, MS-3
- Medical Student Co-Trustee: Shukri Salad, OMS-2
- AAFP Eastside Delegate: June Bredin, MD, FAAFP
- AAFP Eastside Alternate Delegate: Katina Rue, DO, FAAFP
The WAFP Foundation also elected and installed new leadership:
- Secretary: Molly Hong, MD, FAAFP
- Treasurer: Kristin Larson, MD
- Assistant Secretary-Treasurer: Farion Williams, MD
- Director: Michael Luce, MD, FAAFP
- Director: Natalia Luera, MD, FAAFP
- Director: Russell Maier, MD, FAAFP
- Director: Luis Manriquez, MD
- Resident Trustee: Katie Schmidt, MD, MPH
Congratulations to all of our new leaders!
Mark your calendars: The 2023 House of Delegates will be held Friday, April 28. The location will be announced at a later date.