June 2023 – Virtual CME (Free to Members)
Free Virtual CME, June 10, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
WAFP continues to provide free CME – delivered virtually – so you can stay current conveniently. We have speakers lined up to address suicide intervention, prescription drug management for obesity, caring for culturally diverse communities, and guideline/policy changes around Hepatitis B. The topics are timely, and the speakers are engaging! Join us and Register Here.
The AAFP has reviewed June CME and deemed it acceptable for up to 4.00 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 06/10/2023 to 06/10/2023. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The full schedule for the June CME is as follows:
9-10 a.m.: Guideline and Policy Changes around Hepatitis B
- Michaela Jackson, program director, Prevention Policy at Hepatitis B Foundation
- Christian Ramers, MD, MPH, specialist in infectious diseases overseeing clinical programs in HIV and hepatitis B and C at Family Health Centers of San Diego
- Nadine Shiroma, hepatitis B representative, Asian Pacific Islander Coalition of Washington, community HBV disability rights advocate, and policy advisor to the Hepatitis B Foundation
10-11 a.m.: Suicide Interventions for Patients
- Britton Holman, MA, PhD candidate, Community Health of Central Washington
11 a.m.-12 p.m.: Prescription Drug Management for Obesity
- Megan Vulcan, ARNP, specialist in bariatric surgery, general surgery, and family medicine, Multicare Health System
12-12:10 p.m.: Break
12:10-1:10 p.m.: Caring for Culturally Diverse Communities
- Raj Sundar, MD, family physician and host, Healthcare for Humans podcast