The Washington Academy of Family Physicians Foundation is offering WAFP members a leadership and advocacy skill development opportunity with the launch of Vision 2020.
The program is designed to assist practicing family physicians in developing leadership and communication skills to enhance their success in WAFP policy development and advocacy opportunities, at work or in the community. The Foundation will make $1,500 stipends available to up to six WAFP members in 2017-2018 to be utilized in a training program or course of their choice.
The application process is simple. Submit a letter of interest along with your CV and a brief application form. The letter of interest should:
- Identify the proposed course, training or experience
- Explain how you will use the grant funding (e.g., tuition, registration, lodging, travel with anticipated expenses allocated)
- Describe how the proposed opportunity will enable you to become a more effective leader or advocate for family medicine in Washington state
The Foundation is interested in funding opportunities that will enhance the skills of WAFP members to become effective leaders in and/or advocates for family medicine. Members are encouraged to propose programs, events or courses in the letter of interest applying for Foundation support with a description of how the proposed activity will enhance ability to perform in leadership or advocacy.
Some examples of potential training opportunities:
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- WSMA Leadership Programs
- AAFP Family Medicine Advocacy Summit
- STFM Advocacy Training
- Physicians for Reproductive Health
- Physicians for a National Health Plan Leadership Institute
Applications will be reviewed by the WAFP Foundation Scholarships and Awards Committee. Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.