WASHINGTON ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS FOUNDATION
13th Annual Student & Resident Retreat – January 7-8, 2017
Best Western Icicle Inn, Leavenworth, WA
GET INSPIRED AT THE WAFP STUDENT & RESIDENT RETREAT!
Escape for the weekend and enjoy the company of medical students and family medicine residents. The retreat is a weekend of activities developed by your peers featuring workshops, networking opportunities and the chance to mingle with practicing family physicians who lead seminars, and share their personal experiences about life and career as a family physician.
First held in 2004 with around 20 participants, the event has grown to become the Foundation’s most popular student/resident event with over 100 participants, and a waiting list of participants hoping to attend. (Early registration is strongly encouraged). There is a small registration fee which will help offset the expenses covered by the WAFP Foundation to pay for your lodging, meals, and retreat activities. Significant others are always welcome.
2017 RETREAT PREVIEW:
- Central location and more workshops: The retreat returns to Leavenworth where the hotel has expanded, allowing for more attendees and workshops. The agenda includes workshops led by family physicians and family medicine fellows including: OB Stations, Transgender Health, Wilderness Medicine, Basic OMT for Treating Sciatica Pain, Advanced OMT for Treating Headaches, Casting, Joint Injections, Residency 101 & Clerkships, and more!
- An Advanced Resident Track including: Rural Medicine and Telehealth, Innovations in Primary Care Models, Working With Vulnerable Populations, and Resume Review.
- Explore the broad scope of family medicine at a panel discussion with faculty.
- Network with practicing family physicians and family medicine residents.
- Time for fun, fellowship, and snow-time (discounted lift tickets available)
Previous Attendee Comments:
“I’ve been to national conferences in Washington DC, and San Diego – THIS is by far my favorite! [It was the] most enjoyable, informative, and helpful.”
“I have planned to go into family medicine for a number of years and it was awesome to be in an environment that is so positive toward our chosen specialty.”
We look forward to seeing you at this fun and informative weekend.