The Washington Academy of Family Physicians (WAFP) is requesting nominations for the 2018 FAMILY MEDICINE EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR (FMEOY).
The Family Medicine Educator of the Year Award was developed by the WAFP Foundation Board of Directors to recognize Academy members for excellence in teaching, development of innovative teaching models, or implementation of outstanding educational programs. One award is presented each year to a full-time, part-time, or volunteer faculty.
The WAFP Family Medicine Educator of the Year will be awarded a plaque and a cash prize of $500.
Nominations are sought annually from the following people in time to be considered by the WAFP Foundation Board of Directors to be presented at WAFP’s Annual Meeting:
- All Family Medicine Residency Directors in Washington
- Family medicine leaders at UWSOM, PNWU and ESFCOM
- Washington Family Medicine Residency Network Director
- Other interested WAFP Members
Selection of the award winner from the list of nominees will be made by the WAFP. The award is presented at the WAFP Annual Banquet and Foundation Auction in May.
Nominees for the Family Medicine Educator of the Year will be evaluated based upon the following:
- Recognized for exemplary teaching skills and outstanding progression of abilities over several years by medical students, residents or peers; or
- Developed and implemented innovative curriculum, teaching model(s) or program(s) in a variety of educational spheres; and
- Must be a current member of the WAFP/AAFP.
All candidates must be either a full-time or part-time family physician who holds a regular faculty appointment, and teach and practice exclusively in an academic setting. Candidates may also be a volunteer family physician who do not practice in an academic setting but engage in volunteer teaching activities.
Nominations must include the following information to be eligible for consideration:
- Completed 2018 Nomination Form
- A typed copy of a current Curriculum Vitae
- A minimum of three and a maximum of five letters of recommendation. At least two of the letters of recommendation must be submitted from individuals who are current or former students/residents who have been taught by the nominee.
Nominations must be received by January 31, 2018