Current WAFP Employment Opportunities
Updated: Nov. 1, 2017
Position title: Office Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Vice President
- Provide administrative and program support for WAFP Committees as assigned. Coordinate research and program development for committees as needed/required.
- Prepare quarterly dashboard reports for our Boards: financials, investments, membership demographics, medical student programing and CME programing
- Coordinate Pre-Med Student Mentorship Program (quarterly) from reviewing and qualifying applicants to collecting evaluations
- Coordinate Student & Resident activities and events, including managing scholarship and stipend programs
- Event coordination (around 10 events per year):
- Assist EVP with planning of all meetings and conferences. Research locations, negotiate hotel/venue contracts, coordinate meeting logistics.
- Operate as point person for catering, A/V, and any outside contractors.
- Help solicit and manage speakers, and special guests at continuing medical education (CME) events.
- Create/Update online registration forms for events, link to payment portals, and track registration.
- Handle day-to-day administrative duties
- Serve as primary point of contact for inbound communications
- Be responsible for general office upkeep
- Manage checks received and bills due
- Oversee filing of electronic and physical documents filing in compliance with WAFP record retention policy
- Manage administration of office equipment, including software and printer
Other Duties: The Office Coordinator will perform all other duties as assigned. Occasional travel and weekend meeting attendance required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task cheerfully
- Previous experience working for a non-profit, member-based organization(s) or medical association(s) is a plus.
- Experience in the health care field is a plus.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, PowerPoint
- Adobe suite: Acrobat Pro (necessary), Photoshop and/or Lightroom (a plus)
- HTML – some knowledge is useful for WAFP website and Formstack registration site
Casual, flexible office environment with core requirements of professional attitude, maintaining respectful and responsive relationships with five colleagues and all WAFP members, and the collaborative and strategic skills to advance WAFP’s missions and goals.
WAFP values a diverse workforce; is an EOE.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Hours: Full-time (40hrs/week)
Application process: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com; please use “Office Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.