Advance and support family physicians in providing optimal health care for all people in Washington State.
WAFP’s vision is to achieve optimal health for everyone in Washington State.
Principles of Care
WAFP champions these principles of care regarding Family Medicine:
- Essential for individuals, communities and the State of Washington.
- Accessible and equitable for all people;
- Centered on the whole person within the context of family and community;
- Founded on the patient/physician relationship within the health care team;
- Uses science, technology and best available evidence;
- Facilitated by workforce development and lifelong professional learning;
- Grounded in respect and compassion for the individual; and
- Demonstrated by bold leadership, innovation, collaboration and stewardship.
Homepage photo of the U.S. Capitol by James Palinsad/Flickr (via Creative Commons)