The Washington Academy of Family Physicians Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Washington Academy of Family Physicians.
The WAFP Foundation is dedicated to:
$100,000 granted each year to enhance Washington’s Family Medicine Programs through Annual Grants
- Supporting FMIGs
- Improving Rural Practice
- $30,000 in scholarships
- Sponsoring annual Student & Resident Retreat
- $10,000 in Health Equity grants to Residencies
- Support for National (AAFP) Involvement
- Externships, grants and awards
- Scholarships for leadership development
- Endowed Family Medicine Professorships
- Awards for Educators and other Physician leaders
- Invitations to Share Knowledge with Students and Physicians
- Support for health equity and anti-racism work
- Events to connect physicians, students, and residents
- Sponsorships to WAFP and AAFP events
- Outreach to residents and students
- Conversations on emerging topics
- Informal gatherings to enjoy colleagues
How you can help.
The Foundation can make these programs happen only through your donations, the dues contributions from the Academy, and your personal investment of time.
- Share your practice interests with students (e.g., Sports Medicine, Palliative/Hospice care, Public health, and administrative work).
- Host Dinner with a Doc. Host a meal with a student and resident to discuss family medicine – what is it really like!
Help us do more for Family Medicine - donate directly throughout the year or bid on items during the Spring auction (next auction, May 2022).